Friday, May 11, 2012

Above World by Jenn Reese

Every time I go to the library I literally look at all the books in the children and young adult sections. Like many of the books I read, I found Above World in this way. I expected it to be okay. It was much better. Above World takes place in a future world where due to overpopulation, technology was created to allow people to live underwater, in the skies, etc. The technology that allows Aluna and her friend Hoku to live underwater is failing. They travel to the above world where they are captured by the people of the sky. Aluna and Hoku befriend then and though a series of events they end up at HydroTech, where their technology is powered. It is there they must fight Fathom, an evil ruler who is stealing the power that should be used to fuel the technology of the undersea people. The book ends on a cliff hanger that is perfect. Keeps me wanting more, but not too much so that I'm dying and angry at the author for not writing faster. Above World is 368 pages long. There is a small amount of both romance and violence, but not enough that if would bother anyone who objected to those things. I recommend it for boys and girls ages 10-14. If you liked Above World, you might also like The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Happy reading, Naitive New Yorker!

No comments:

Post a Comment