Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay, the final book in the Hunger Games series, was very good. This book centers around Katniss's stay in district 13 and the uprising of the other districts. This book is probably also the one with the most romance drama and in the end you do find out if she ends up with gale or Peeta. Another (unrelated) thing is that this book is the only booking I ever read in which I cried. The ending is very full of both action and emotion. While the official ending would have left me plain sad, the prologue ends the book on a lovely bittersweet note. Mockingjay is truly wonderful book. This book, like the others, has plenty of violence. So again, be warned. I say 12+ for it, but a mature 12. Also if you have a lot of nightmares, this book is a bad idea. Anyway, I loved it, and if you did too, I'd read the first two Hunger Games books along with Collins's Gregor the Overlander book. Happy Reading, Native New Yorker!

No comments:

Post a Comment